Saturday, September 7, 2024

Here is My Villain Review of Lotso

 


Here is My Villain Review of Lotso



Now I´m going to discuss the character of Lotso in the main villain in 2010´s Toy Story and explain why he is one of the worst Pixar villains of all time and as well as one of the worst villains in Disney history. 




Origin- Now Lotso´s Origin is pretty bad because he had this kid named Daisy who he really cared about and then one day she accidentally left him at the park because she was asleep and Lotso walks back to his house Only to find out that she got another lot so bear and he gets all mad and he finds this daycare and become the Roar of that place and that's an entire origin but the biggest problem is I didn't really give a fuck about his origin because it's not believable because the film tried really hard to make you feel sympathy toward them and I'm like I don't feel sympathy for this asshole because he is dick and ironically I felt more towards Sympathy towards Dreyfus From Dawn of Plant of the Apes because his backstory is that whole family died due to the virus and he really misses them so you can buy his backstory because he was a family man who lost everything with Lotso´s backstory you just don't. I think the film did a really bad job of making Lotso backstory tragic because you don't really feel bad for him because again he is a selfish asshole. 



Character- Honestly Lotso as  a character it's so awful because at the beginning of the movie he starts off really nice and down to earth to Woody and his friends but in merely he turns evil and his villain turn happens completely out of nowhere with no build up whatsoever because to be honest Tortoise John's villain turn in Rango worked a lot better because they actually built him up as the villain because he starts off really nice and down to earth to Rango but as the film goes on you find out that he is a corrupt mayor with his own sister plans and it worked in that film but in this film it just doesn't work whatsoever. I think the movie did not do a good job of developing Lotso as a villain Because they just rush through his villain turn really quickly so that you don't have enough time to understand where he's coming from. 





Motivation- Now Lotso´s Motivation is so dumb so he wants to kill the other toys in them send them  Incinerator because he would abandon by his own owner which is so stupid and again it's a terrible motivation And to be honest I actually bought Ikaris motivation in eternals because he wanted to kill Tiamut So he can keep the universe imbalance For Arstem  The Judge And I actually enjoyed his motivation because it actually made sense and he believed he is doing the right thing But with lots though again they don't really give him a good movement because he's just a stupid asshole that's his entire character so overall I think the film did a really bad job of giving him a motivation.



Best Scenes- To be honest I can't really think of any good things with Lotso  because he is just so cruel and so unlikable that none of it seems are very memorable Now I will say there is surprise the way one scene I liked is where he gets put on the front of Sid's trash truck and this other toy said s you better keep your mouth shut in dirt fly into Lotso´s mouth so that was funny because it would actually a decent punishment But take the problem with Lotso as the villain is the guy that they cast Now he is voiced by Ned Bailey who in the same actor who voiced Taurus John in Rango but I got to say in this movie he is awful because he takes the role way too seriously and look it works in something like Rango because Taurus John is a corrupt mayor and politician. To be honest I think they should have gone with a better actor like Gary Oldman because I think if Gary Oldman voiced Lotso I think he could have hammed it up. He could have been a really awesome and funny villain. Or if you wanted to make him more tragic I think Ian McKellen would have made a lot more sense because I think if he did the voice of Lotso I think I would have loved him as Lotso a lot more because his backstory would be more believable and I'll actually feel sorry for him because Ian McKellen has played a tragic villain in the past Such as Magneto in the X-Men films and he did a tremendous job as that character. But unfortunately they went with an actor who took the role too seriously so overall I think the film did a really bad job of Giving lot though some memorable scenes. 




Evil Deeds- Now Lotso does a lot of bad things But not in like the sense of Xu Wenwu from Shang where you understood why he did the things that he did but he just doing all this bad stuff because again he's an asshole because he manipulates Buzz Lightyear into being with his team he tries to Kill them with the incinerator.  He doesn't even help them because he's just an asshole because you think Wars are going to press the button but they did like a Nazi salute and just walks away so Even when the film tries to redeem him it failed at that too I will say this the film did a good job of making you hate Lotso but it's not in a sense of The Colonel From war for The Planet Apes where you just outright hate him for a good reason no for some reason this movie makes you hate him for all the wrong reasons because you don't really care about him as the villain.




Conclusion- Lotso It's a terrible villain. I don't really like his backstory Because I didn't feel really bad for him because he is so unlikable and horrible as a character. Also his villain turn is so dumb it doesn't make any sense. It just happens Just because the film wants Lotso to be a Twist villain. Also Lotso of motivation is so awful because he wants to kill Woody and his friends just because he got abandoned by the owner is just so dumb and aside from him getting a decent punishment by getting strapped to a garbage truck it's not enough to save Lotso as a villain it is a funny scene but unfortunately not enough to redeem the character. But the biggest problem is that Ned Bailey's performance is so bad because again he take the role way too seriously he doesn't even ham it up he doesn't even say anything funny. I think they should have gotten somebody else like Gary Oldman who I think would have been a much better choice because Gary Oldman can be both funny and scary in fact if you want to see this character done right then go watch Kung Fu Panda 2 were he is Lord Shen because Lord Shen is funny but there are points in the movie where he comes on very Sinister and scary. To be honest I think the one actor that would have foreign redeem lots though at the villain Ian McKellen because again he can play very tragic villains like Magneto from the X-Men movie that I think if he did the voice of Lotso I think he would have been one of the best villains in a Pixar film and I think his backstory would have been much more believable Because they'll actually feel sympathy toward them but since they didn't cast him as the character. You don't feel sorry for him because again he's just a selfish asshole. I'm going to give Lotso a 0/10. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

How Did I Get Into A24?

  How Did I Get Into A24? The Beginning- Now I first discover ed A24 When I watched The movie Locke with Tom Hardy I'm like this is a re...