Sunday, April 14, 2024

Here is My Villain Review on Hank Pym

 Here is My Villain Review on Hank Pym



    Now I am going to discuss the character of Hank Pym who is one of the supporting villains in 2021's Marvel's What If and explain why he is the darkest villain on what if…? 





    Origin- Now Hank Pym's Origin is very interesting because before his retirement Hank Pym worked as the super heroic Ant-Man commanded by S.H.I.E.L.D Along with his wife Janet Van Dyne aka The Wasp. They will later have a child named Hope but unfortunately they had to go on a S.H.I.E.L.D mission and  to stop a missile from killing everybody but unfortunately Janet Van Dyne had to sacrifice herself by Shrinking herself down to subatomic levels and he lost his wife and he believed that she was dead but she'll actually trapped in the quantum realm for 30 years. Years later Hope Van Dyne will eventually join it S.H.I.E.L.D and she goes on the mission but unfortunately she is killed during the mission and Hank makes him  against really mad and dawns The Yellow Jacket suit to take revenge on S.H.I.E.L.D For having his daughter killed in that mission. I think the show does a fantastic job depicting Hank Pym's origin. It is relatively the same origin from the Ant-Man films but they do add a few new stuff to it because this Hank Pym It's from a different reality. 




Character- Now Hank Pam out of character is nothing like how he is in the movies because in the movies he's very nice he's down to earth But he is also grumpy because he is still coping with the loss of his wife Janet Van Dyne. But Hank is a bloodthirsty killer who will kill anyone who gets his way. He had only vengeance on his mind And just wants to kill the Avengers and Nick Fury that were responsible for the death of his daughter Hope Van Dyne. I think the show does a terrific job of taking the Hank Pym character in a more dark and sister direction. 



Motivation- Now Hank Pym's motivation Is very interesting because he wants to take vengeance on Shield for having his daughter killed on one of their missions and in order to do that he decided to kill all of the original members of the Avengers to get his vengeance and then kill Nick Fury. I think Hank Pam's motivation makes sense because he wants to take vengeance on shield and Nick Fury for having his beloved daughter Hope Van Dyne in battle. I think The show does a exquisite job of giving Hank Pmy a very dark but understandable motivation because again he  lost his daughter to S.H.I.E.L.D. 





Best Scenes- Now Hank Pym has a lot of really awesome scenes. But if I had to pick my favorite scene It'll be the scene where he has this vicious and intense argument with Nick Fury and he blames him for his daughter´s death. Not only was it very dark and brutal but it makes sense because His daughter was Killed in a S.H.I.E.L.D mission. It did probably the darkest moment of the entire show. It did all thanks to Michael Douglas´s  very dark and Nail biting performance. 




Evil Deeds- Now Hank Pym does a lot of bad things in this show. For example he goes on a massive killing spray killing all the Avengers and he tries to kill Nick Fury. He hacks into an Iron Man suit in order to kill him at the donut shop. He killed  a lot of S.H.I.E.L.D agents. No well the stuff that Hank Pym does is really evil And very messed up at the same time that you do understand where it's coming from you wants to adventure starts death by killing all of S.H.I.E.L.D and killing Nick Fury and I think the  show does a wonderful job of showing how dark and sadistic Hank Pym is as a villain. 




Conclusion- Hank Pym is a very Interesting and tragic villain because he had to lose the one thing he loved which was his daughter Hope Van Dyne to S.H.I.E.L.D when they sent her on that mission and she died during that mission and you got to tell why he turn to a life of vengeance to get his revenge on Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D for the death of his daughter. Although his motivation is very tragic and understandable because he wants revenge on S.H.I.E.L.D for the death of his daughter Hope Van Dyne. The scene where He had the vicious and intense argument with Nick Fury It's one of the most powerful and intense moments of the show and that's all thanks to Michael Douglas's tremendous and nail biting performance. I'm going to give Hank Pym a 10/10. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ranking All 32 Space Films That I Have Seen Ranked from Worst to Best

  My Ranking All 32 Space Films That I Have Seen Ranked from Worst to Best 32. Rebel Moon Part 1 A  Child of Fire 31. Atlas 30. Voyagers 29....