Monday, March 11, 2024

Here is My Villain Review of The Caller

 


Here is My Villain Review of The Caller


Now I'm going to discuss the Caller who is the main villain in the 2002 film Phone Booth and I got to explain why he is one of the darkest villains of the 2000s and one of the more entertaining and mysterious villains of 2002. 





Origin- Now The Caller´s origin is very much unknown in the film What we do know is that he is a assassin who enjoys killing people he He mentions that he had a very happy childhood and I think the film does an excellent job of giving you a bit of an origin but mostly keeping him mysterious he's kind of like the Joker how he makes up stuff about his past.



Character- Now The Caller as a character is Very mysterious because we don't know anything about him he is this Killer who have a sniper rifle and the threatens to kill anyone that doesn't obey the order then I think the film that they really interesting job of flushing them out as a very dark and mysterious character and what makes him so mysterious that you don't see his face that much in the movie all you hear is his voice and he has played tremendously by Kiefer Sutherland. 





Motivation- Now The Caller  motivation is very dark And disturbing but it is very interesting because he based with friends to kill Stu Shepherd if he doesn't do any says so he has to stay on the phone with him and if he leaves the Phone Booth with he'll get a bullet straight in his head and he would die and I think his motivation makes sense he enjoys threatening and torturing Stu Shepherd as much as possible so he can follow his orders. 



Best Scenes- Now The Caller doesn't have much screen time but for what he does have he had a lot of dark and suspenseful scenes and if I had to pick one of my favorite scenes it would be the scene where he says to Steve Shepherd I had a very horrible  home life and then he Pauses for a moment and then  he says ¨I'm just messing with you¨ I had a very happy childhood and not only was it really disturbing but it makes sense because he was messing with Stu Shepherd by making all that up and I did the film shows him how Dark and twisted he is. That is all thanks to Kiefer Sutherland's dark and Incredible performance.



Evil Deeds- Now despite not having a lot of screen time in the film The Caller does a lot of bad things he threatens to kill Stu Shepherd if he gets out of the phone booth. He Threatens to kill Stu shepherd´s girlfriend Pam if he doesn't obey Have orders and the film does a remarkable job of showing how dark and twisted The Caller is as the villain.



Conclusion- The Caller Is probably one of the most Intelligent and one of the most disturbing. He is also one of the best villains of 2002 because he will do anything to psychologically abuse Stu Shepherd as much as possible. Just because he wants to and his origin is very much unknown, I'm glad the film treats him like the Joker because the Joker's past is a mystery in the same way. Also his motivation makes sense because he would do anything of power to kill Stu Shepherd if he ever doesn't obey his orders. But the thing  that makes The Caller such a very intense and tremendous villain is because of Kiefer Sutherland's remarkable and very disturbing performance. I'm going to give The Caller a  10/10. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ranking All 32 Space Films That I Have Seen Ranked from Worst to Best

  My Ranking All 32 Space Films That I Have Seen Ranked from Worst to Best 32. Rebel Moon Part 1 A  Child of Fire 31. Atlas 30. Voyagers 29....