Sunday, August 30, 2026

Here is My Movie Review of The Wizard of The Kremlin

 


Here is My Movie Review of The Wizard of The Kremlin



Now when I saw the trailer for this movie I thought it looked really bad because of the acting and the actor they got to play Vladimir Putin with actually the main reason why I wasn't looking forward to this film. But I will say the thing that I was looking forward to was to see Pitch Black and The Riddler in a film together. So I watched the film and I have to say this is one of the most boring films of the entire year. Now it's not as bad as Mercy with Chris Pratt is not as stupid as Moana 2026. But that being said it is still a bad movie.  But I will say though I think the first 20 minutes I was actually enjoying I'm like this might be a great film but after the 43 minute mark when you see Vladimir Putin that's where the film fell off for me that's why my  film is really dumb and really boring. Not to mention it wasted its idea. This idea of Pitch Black and the Riddler and movie together. The film ruined that concept in execution. 



Now the storyline in this film is really stupid I will say unlike the room this at least had the storyline but it's really dumb because it tells the true story of Vadim Baranov meeting Vladimir Putin and  help him control the government of Russia and that's essentially what is the storyline that is all that happens there's nothing remotely interesting that happened then to be honest i think the Apprentice with Sebastian Stan did this storyline a much better how it showed Donald Trump and his rise to power wow this one really doesn't at all it's just filler. 




Now let's talk about the acting because that was the other thing I was not looking forward to. To be honest  this movie does have good actors but half of them are either boring or in the case of one actor who is completely wasted and doesn't do anything. 



Now let's talk about Paul Dano because going into this film he would the one thing I would look forward to because Paul Dano is a tremendous actor and he has given some really amazing performances whether it's him as Daniel Plainview In There Will Be blood or him as the Riddler in the Batman or him and Swiss Army Man as Hank. Among other films he was in. Now as for the film he actually did a terrific job as the character of Vadim Baranov because he did actually get the accent down he did put on a tremendous Russian accent. It was really good and despite how bad the writing is Dano was really good in this film. Also the character of Vadim Baranov Was really awesome in fact out of all the characters in the film he was the best one because I like how it showed his origin of how he became a young artist and then he became a television type personality and had his own TV show I think the first 20 minutes I actually enjoyed I would say the first 20 minutes when it focused on Paul Dano’s character the movie was actually really decent. Also all of Vadim Baranov's moments are really great whether it is him meeting Vladimir Putin for the first time or him explaining how he is an artist. I think those moments are some of the more tolerable moments in the film because the rest of the movie is boring and really dumb. The chemistry between him and Jude Law, Alicia Vikander, Jeffrey Wright, Andris Keiss is decent. 



Now let's talk about Jude Law. Now he is a tremendous actor you know if you saw him in Rise of the Guardians. He's really good in that film as Pitch Black. If you have seen him in Gautica, he's really awesome in that film as Jerome Eugene Morrow. Even his small role in Hugo he's really good in that film as well. But unfortunately i didn't like him in Captain Marvel as yon Rugg He that gave a really boring and really flat and really Bland MCU Dylan performance to be honest I did this shit of cast him in Thunderbolts as The Void I think that one made a lot more sense and it would have been cool to see Him and Florence Pugh in an MCU movie together. But as boring as he was in the MCU. Now as for this film he plays Vladimir Putin and you'll think with a movie like this you'll think Jude Law will give a great performance. But here I'm sorry to say this he is really bad in this movie. Now I will say though his performance is not as bad as John Travolta's performance of John Gotti I think that is more dumb and way more of a horrendously bad performance because  at least with Jude Law he's given a more boring performance. But that being said however he is horrendously miscast and he doesn't even put on a Russian accent because emoji uses his normal speaking voice he doesn't really change it up. Also that dumb haircut he has, it just looks really ridiculous. Also I feel like they should have gotten David Harbour to play Vladimir Putin because he can do a Russian accent. Not to mention when you watch Jude law Is not even scary as Vanamir Putin because when you compare him to other actors who have played horrible pieces of shit like Coleman Domingo as Joe Jackson in Michael, Robert De Niro as William Hale In Killers The Flower Moon, Sebastian Stan as Donald Trump in The Apprentice were really awesome because they got these real life figures accurately with their performances. But with Kude Law he is just playing himself. I didn't really see the character of Putin, I just saw Jude Law with a stupid haircut. That's all I saw and it does prove that they should have gotten David Harbour to play Vladimir Putin. Now the character of Vladimir Putin I guess is accurate hear the dictator but he's too mellow In the film Putin needs to be peer evil and this it feels like Vladimir Putin just want to take a nap that'sHis character is because he's just so boring and interesting. Now I will say that there are some okay to decent scenes with Vladimir Putin. I think whatever it focuses on is him talking to Vadim Baranov. The movie got a little better. I think their interactions are somewhat the highlight of the film but it doesn't hide the fact that the film is still garbage. The chemistry between him and Paul Dano is pretty good. 




Alicia Vikander plays Vadim Baranov's Love interest in the film Ksenia And she doesn't do anything in this movie she does give a really bland and really boring performance. To be honest I don't have much to say about her because she's just there to be Vadim Baranov’s wife And that's it she is just a nothing character. The scenes with her and Vadim Baranov are okay. They're not that interesting and they're just mediocre at best. The chemistry between her and Paul Dano is pretty good. I think they do have decent chemistry in the film. 




Now let's talk about the most wasted actor in this movie and that is Jeffrey Wright now this guy is a tremendous actor he have given a lot of tremendous performances like providing the voice for the Watcher on Marvel's what if commissioner gordon in the Batman, Even in his minor role in Asteroid City. But in this movie I don't know what he is doing. He is playing the character of Rawland and he doesn't do anything. He's only in three scenes in the movie and they could have just cut this character out in the movie would not be any different. And this really sucks because Jeffrey Wright is a tremendous actor. But this is probably one of the blandest performances he had ever given again. He is trying his best but he's just there. To be odd they don't have much to say about the character; he's just there to talk to Vadim Baranov. That's all the character does and I guess I'll say that the moments between him and Vadim Baranov are just okay. The chemistry between him and Paul Dano is great. 




Andris Keiss plays Yevgeny Prigozhin In the film and he is just boring. He gave her nothing and a really boring performance. Also the character of Yevgeny Prigozhin  It's just there to talk to Vladimir Putin, that's all he is here to do in the film. He's not interesting, he's just really boring. Also the moments with Yevgeny Prigozhin are just nothing, they're just really boring. All I did was just him talking to Vladimir Putin and that's it he doesn't really do anything and none of his moments are memorable. The chemistry between him and Paul Dano is decent. 




But now let's talk about the worst thing about the film it acts to the directing by Oliver Assayas because his directing is terrible because he tries to make this story about Vladimir Putin but the thing he doesn't really do a great job Showing Vladimir Putin's rise to power because essentially it is just Boring because For the majority of the film all Vladimir Putin does it just sit around talking to politicians and that's it. Not to mention he doesn't even show Putin doing anything disgusting or evil he just makes him way too laid back and mellow. I will admit I think you did a decent job of developing Vadim Baranov of how he started out as a young artist and how he became Vladimir Putin's assistant. I think the  development of that character was really awesome and really good. But everything else he just gets everything wrong and not to mention this film is rated R but it just feels so watered down to the point that he could have told this story with a PG-13 rating that's how uninteresting the characters were in this film. No I will say that when it comes to the same photography he know the glorious job with that you really feel like you're in Russia that´s how  great the cinematography is in the film but other than that I think he did a really bad job directed because I think he should have gone so in like David Harbor someone who could do a Russian accent but no they he got Jude Law who were they great actor but he was horrendously Miss cast. So overall I think he did a terrible job directing this film. 



So in conclusion I did not like the film manly because I thought the storyline was really stupid and really boring there'll be times when I just zoned out because of how boring this film is and again it's not much of a storyline all it is is just Vadim Baranov being Vladimir Putin's assistant and trying to help him seize control of the Russian government and that's it the boys storyline. Also the acting was not that good. I mean Paul Dano does a fantastic job with his performance and looks even parts where this movie is not working. Dano Give that has all you can tell that he is having fun and the character. But Jude Law was really bad as Vladimir Putin. Now there were moments where he was trying to give a good performance and again I will say his performance is not on the level of John Travolta's performance as John Gotti. I think that performance is really terrible. Well this was just boring. I think Jude Law just gave a boring performance. But that being said, however he is horrendously Miss cast I think they should have gone to someone like David Harbor to play Vladimir Putin. I think that would have made a lot more sense and I think David Harbour would have given a bear performance as Vladimir Putin. Also Jeffrey Wright I have to say I thought he was very boring in the film. Again he's a great actor. I like him in the MCU. I like him in Batman . I liked him in Asteroid City but here he was just really boring and really boring to him and Paul Dano. They do have decent chemistry. Also Jude Law and Paul Dano also had decent chemistry. But  the worst thing about this movie. They've watched a really fun idea And that is of course Pitch Black and the Riddler and Lieutenant Gordon in a movie together and That could work but unfortunately they completely fumbled that idea and they fumbled it badly Because you could have had a great movie with these two actors but since they were in this boring movie that's approved that even though you have good actors that's not the most important thing about a movie the important thing is that you need a great script and this movie had no great script. Also again I liked the idea of Pitch Black and the Riddler and a movie together with Lieutenant Gordon I think that idea is really awesome and I can see Jude Law Paul Dano and Jeffrey Wright in a movie that's not boring or stupid like this movie again I don't blame the actors I really don't I blame the writing.  This is up there with Moana 2026 as one of the worst films of the entire year. I think this film is up there with Madame web with Dakota Johnson and one of the most boring movies of the 2020s. I say just skipped this movie go watch Killers than the Flower Moon with Robert De Niro because that film has a much better storyline way better performances a bear screenplay and Has better pacing than this film does and you'll have a lot more fun with that film than you'll have With this waste of a Biopic. I give this movie a 2/10. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Here is My Movie Review of The Wizard of The Kremlin

  Here is My Movie Review of The Wizard of The Kremlin Now when I saw the trailer for this movie I thought it looked really bad because of t...